An Imaginative Winter Destination where you can throw away the keys and do it all right here: Outdoor Adventure & Indoor Fun!
In the winter tranquility of the Great Woods where adventure abounds lives the Adirondack spirit.
Fling open your lodging door meticulously hand-crafted by 3 generations of family in eco-green luxury to 25 acres of sleigh rides, Old World Kitchen Cooking Classes, nature trails, and Great Camp style dining...
Our 1886 Main Lodge: a working museum that is one of the last original Adirondack Lodges.
Un-plug and Rejuvenate
In 5-Leaf Eco Certifed Adirondack Great Camp style lodge where 21st C hand crafted lodgings are spaciously set apart in natural, honest luxury. Choice abounds with 4 styles of lodgins from secluded chalets with crackling fireplaces to artisan suites with bubbling jacuzzi's to uniqe B&B rooms.
Re-connect and Savor
With a special romance table or with friends and family take in a cooking or sample fun beer workshops from the Adirondacks largest selection of craft brews from around the world. Savor our Great-Camp style dinners that begins in the fireside Rathskeller, meanders to our 1886 hand-hewn dining room and where the journey is complete with decadent desserts in your hand-crafted lodging with warming fire.
The Lodge has been recognized by National Geographic Traveler for "Keeping a Sense of Place"
Keep in touch with the true Adirondack Spirit
Experience activities for families, romantics and the young at heart.
We are the Great Camp base lodge for 4 season outdoor adventure, wellness and culinary activities and fun, interactive experiences – Adirondack Spirit style!
Keep in touch with the true nature of the Adirondacks - follow our blogs.
Where Outdoor Adventure Surrounds Us & Stay–Activities Abound
Cross-country Ski, Snowshoe
– Old World Kitchen Cooking Classes
– Jack Rabbit Trail adjacent to our estate – Winter Beer & Ice Wine Workshops & Tastings
– Back-country trails of the NYS only canoe region – Re-connect with Nature Programs
– Paul Smiths Visitor Interpretive Center – Romance Packages
– Dewey Mountain Nordic Center – Adirondack History Fireside Chats
– Faimly Fun at Mount Pisgah
–Titus Mountain with 33 trails
– Big Tupper with more than 15 Trails
–Whiteface with over 80 trails, largest vertical drop in the East
– Connect to Trail 7 that networks you throughout the Adirondacks
Join Us in Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall
– Weekend Old World Kitchen Cooking Classes
– Adirondack Spirit Interpretive Workshops
History of Ice Bocks and Ice Wines
Lake Clear Lodge and Retreat
6319 State Route 30 · Just South of Junction Rt 186 and 30, Lake Clear, New York 12945