In the winter tranquility of the Great Woods where adventure abounds lives the Adirondack spirit.
An Imaginative Winter Destination where you can throw away the keys and do it all right here: Outdoor Adventure & Indoor Fun!
Fling open your lodging door meticulously hand-crafted by 3 generations of family in eco-green luxury to 25 acres of Old World Kitchen Cooking Classes, nature trails, and Great Camp style dining...
Our 1886 Main Lodge: a working museum that is one of the last original Adirondack Lodges.
Un-plug and Rejuvenate
In 5-Leaf Eco Certifed Adirondack Great Camp style lodge where 21st C hand crafted lodgings are spaciously set apart in natural, honest luxury. Choice abounds with 4 styles of lodgins from secluded chalets with crackling fireplaces to artisan suites with bubbling jacuzzi's to unique B&B rooms.
Re-connect and Savor
With a special romance table or with friends and family take in a cooking or sample fun beer workshops from the Adirondacks largest selection of craft brews from around the world. Savor our Great-Camp style dinners that begins in the fireside Rathskeller, meanders to our 1886 hand-hewn dining room and where the journey is complete with decadent desserts in your hand-crafted lodging with warming fire.
2011 Inclusion in Adirondack Style Great Camps & Lodges
2010 Top 10 NY Romantic Inns and Lodges
2009 National Geographic Traveler - "Keeping a Sense of Place"
2008 Five Forks Restaurant Review - Watertown Daily Times
– Saturday 2PM :Weekend Old World Kitchen Cooking Classes
– Saturday 4PM :Adirondack Spirit Interpretive Workshops
– Saturday 5:30 : History of Ice Bocks and Ice Wines
WHERE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE SURROUNDS US & INDOOR ACTIVITIES - Regardless of the weather - ABOUND
Cross-country Ski, Snowshoe
– Old World Kitchen Cooking Classes
– Jack Rabbit Trail adjacent to our estate – Winter Beer & Ice Wine Workshops & Tastings
– Back-country trails of the NYS only canoe region – Re-connect with Nature Programs
– Paul Smiths Visitor Interpretive Center – Romance Packages
– Dewey Mountain Nordic Center – Adirondack History Fireside Chats
– Family Fun at Mount Pisgah
–Titus Mountain with 33 trails
– Big Tupper with more than 15 Trails
–Whiteface with over 80 trails, largest vertical drop in the East
– Connect to Trail 7 that networks you throughout the Adirondacks
Join Us in Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall
Lake Clear Lodge and Retreat
6319 State Route 30 · Just South of Junction Rt 186 and 30, Lake Clear, New York 12945