History of Adirondack Food
5-Course Sampler Dinner
Savor a Culinary Journey of Adirondack Cuisine!
From the Native American and Cure Cottage days to the pioneer and Grand Hotel eras, sample Adirondack culinary history!
Explore the 5 Eras...
Our 5 eras of Adirondack History come alive as your 5 course meal is paired with interpretive materials and information. Customize your experience and enjoy era exhibits, cooking demos and even video interviews with local historians and experts.
Begin the Journey in the Fireside Rathskeller:
- 1800's Pioneer/European Settlers: Wursts with homemade Mustard
- 1900's Grand Hotels: Porcini Mushroom Sachetinni Pockets
- 2100's Super Foods: Farm-to-fork Layered Brie with pesto and cranberries.
Meander Great Camp Style to the Lake View Great Camp*:
- 1800's Pioneer Soup: Heritage Chicken soup made with Leeks and Veggies Finished with Tender Dumplings
- 2100's Super Foods Salad: Ancient Grains Salad with Tomatoes and Veggies and a Homemade Citrus Dressing
Your choice of Main Entrée:
- Adirondack Farm & Garden Vegetable Strudel
Fresh vegetables with garden herbs & natural spices are placed in a puffed pastry and oven baked with fresh cheese. Served with a wild and organic mushroom sauté.
- Fresh Herb & Spice Encrusted Salmon
Fileted and encrusted with fresh ground with herbs and natural spices including cardamom, coriander, fennel and cumin with Lake Placid Vodka sour cream.
- Lodge Smoked Cornish Game Hen
On the Lodge smoker, a game hen is smoked in vegetables. It is then slow roasted and from the juices a Belgium Fruit Beer relish is made.
- Adirondack/Old World Sauerbraten
A bottom round of beef is marinated for 72 hours with vegetables in vinaigrette. It is then slow roasted, cooked through and from the juices a wine sauce is made.
- Lodge Schnitzels
Veal, Salmon or Chicken is hand-cut, hand-pounded and sautéed with herbs, spices and fresh breadcrumbs.
Adirondack Alps Dessert Sampler:
- The nightly strudel special
- Chocolate canoes with vanilla ice cream and raspberries
- Blueberry pudding cake with hot brandy sauce
- Mountain berry pie
- Marzipan cake