- Chalets, Suites, B&B
- Canoeing, Cooking Classes, Sleigh Rides, Beer Tastings
- Lakeview Retreat Center, Gatherings,Reunions, Meetings
- Great Camp Dining, Philosophers Pub
- Farm to Fork, Gourmet Takeout
- Three Generations Family
- Reservations or 518-891-1489
Special Event Amenities
Welcome to Our Nature
Our 1886 main lodge awaits you with our hand-hewn dining room, Fireside Rathskeller and the Adirondack's only hand-crafted Wine & Beer Cellar. All provide opportunities for special celebrations, interactive educational programs, private meetings and romantic exploration. A meandering cover walk-way takes you to our new Lake-view Retreat Center built in Adirondack artisan style by the family from milled wood from the property. Three styles of hand-crafted lodgings welcome you from B&B rooms in the main lodge to secluded private cabins and lake-side suites. The comfort of natural and holistic amenities canvass our 25-acre landscape of hydrotherapy steam showers, fireplaces, great camp rooms, a mile of nature trails and 3-acres of panoramic lake-front on picturesque Lake Clear.
We offer three (3) styles of accommodations:
B&B rooms each with differing motifs and all with individual baths in our 1886 Lodge Individual hand crafted chalets spread throughout our 25
acres largely built from milled wood from our property. Each chalet has a
fireplace with miniature Adirondack Great Camp feel.
Lakeside suites with fireplaces, sitting decks and incredible lake views. Built
back from the shore to protect our lakefront where you will definitely hear the
calls of the loons and may see our resident bald eagle.
Special Event Portals
The Lake Clear Lodge & Retreat offers a unique variety of event amenities in an original hand-crafted artisan style:
- Our new Great Camp Style Retreat Center that accommodates up to 125 guests overlooks secluded Lake Clear with 21st C amenities including an integrated audio and visual system, wireless access and full catering capability.
- The heart and soul of our culinary based experience: a 50 seat restaurant in our 1886 hand-hewn dining room that can accommodate your group needs for breakfast, lunch and dinner or, serve as a special event portal.
- A truly unique special event room that is our Adirondack Rathskeller with a large stone fireplace that houses the Adirondacks only hand-crafted Wine & Bier Keller with over 250 Old World Biers and 350 boutique wines from all over the world with many of them organic.
- Lake-side tents on simply one of the most spectacular and
secluded bodies of water that serves as the portal to New York
State's only wilderness canoe region.
- The Outdoor Wine & Bier Garden and Unique opportunities to "Retreat-in-the-Mountain-Lake Woods"
- Guided day retreats with lunch in the St. Regis Wilderness area.
Unique Special Event Programs and Services
The Lodge also offers unique educational, fun and interactive interpretive programs for special events as well as facilitation services for retreats. We have on staff facilitators that can develop unique personal, family or team building immersions. Co-owner Ernest Hohmeyer provides wine and beer workshops in addition to offering retreat facilitation services as a nationally certified business, non-profit and community sustainability planner having received numerous federal and state awards including a Presidential citation. Executive Chef Cathy Hohmeyer's doctoral candidate work in naturopathy has created focused, fun and camaraderie building culinary workshops that are based on holistic, locovore and Old World slow cooking principles.
Lake Clear Lodge and Retreat
You are the
visitor. Thank you for stopping by.